The PowerMix Pure System is a dual-source pickup/pickup combination with onboard or external preamp. It consists of:
* Our award-winning Pure pickup (Mini, Classic, or 12-String).
* Our time-tested FanTaStick Pickup, an undersaddle pickup that delivers unbeatable volume, balance, and clarity.
Technical Information for the FanTaStick (Opens in pop-up window)
* The PowerMix 2-Channel Preamp, an onboard preamp with amazing mixing capability. For customers who would prefer an external preamp, we offer the PowerMix Pure System with our Dual Channel Pro ST Preamp.
If you are looking for both, the sweet, warm tone of the Pure Western plus really high stage volume before feedback, look no further. Dieter, K&K's head pickup designer, boss and former pro musician says: "If I would still perform live, this would be the system of my choice."
About the PowerMix 2-Channel Preamp
The PowerMix Preamp allows for precise sound adjustment of each transducer. It features gain, bass, mid, treble and volume controls for each individual channel and uses low-power consumption parts so that the battery life is up to 120 hours. The output jack is a high quality Switchcraft endpinjack, wired so both channels are mixed together for MONO use with a standard mono guitar cord.
The preamp can easily be installed deeper inside the guitar as shown in the photo above. The removable attachment system will not damage your guitar's label. For initial adjustment, we recommend a sound-hole placement of the preamp as in the photo. After you are finished adjusting your personal sound, you can choose to position the preamp deeper inside the guitar. The double volume control element (highlighted in the photo above) is designed for internal sound-hole edge mount.
All parts of the system can be installed non-destructively without hole drilling other than the endpin hole. The components are meticulously phase aligned.
Available PowerMix Pure Systems
* PowerMix Pure (with internal PowerMix 2-Channel Preamp)
* PowerMix Pure XT (with external Dual Channel Pro ST Preamp)